Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Camper

I had a Dr. appointment last Friday. I wrote down that my appointment was at 8:45am. Got there and they told me my appointment was at 9:45am. Oops! When we were making the appointments for next time things were hectic because they were squeezing me in for my 20 week ultrasound etc. So don't know if I had a pregnancy brain moment or if they told me one time and put another. Luckily my mom works at the hospital by my dr's office so I went and hung out with her. She got to introduce me and the belly to all her friends. I got to check to make sure my ipod touch works at the hospital. Tweeting and facebooking in labor is going to happen!

Then I get to my appointment and the dr's assistant tells me she tried to call me 10 times to tell me my dr wouldn't be in for another 30-45 mins. Uh I've been hanging out here WAY too long I don't care who I have to see to get out of here. So she sent in a nurse practitioner after telling me I have to do the new diabetes test before my next appointment. I clarified with the nurse when she came in. Apparently the American Diabetes Association found out yours truly was knocked up and thought let's change the rules! Most of you who were pregnant before me did the drink the orange soda thing, wait an hour and have your blood taken. Now you have to fast for 12 hours, drink the drink, wait two hours, and have your blood taken. At my last appointment I had my glucose level tested and was confused if it came back high and that is why I was doing things differently. No, my glucose came back low. I should eat ever couple hours. I knew this already, but was confused how they could tell me in the same breath that I need to eat frequently but should not eat for 12 hours before this test that we are pretty sure will come back fine! The nurse said, "Yeah, bring a sandwich to eat right after you aren't going to be feeling good." Yeah, thanks.

Then the nurse got out the doppler and it amazes me how easy it is to find his little heartbeat now. Got to hear it loud and clear and the nurse said he was a "happy camper". Love that!

Not much else new to report. Considering a weigh in and belly pics for Wed. we'll see how the week goes! Take care!

3 comments:

  1. i haven't heard of this and i have my glucose test on thursday. maybe it doesn't apply to everyone?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I remember that test! Now you have to fast? That is terrible! Glad you have a happy little camper in there!

    ReplyDelete