Tuesday, December 28, 2010

23 weeks! 6 months!

I'm going with "what to expect when you are expecting" on the months. 5 more weeks (I think) until the third trimester. I know I should enjoy every second but I'm ready to be in the third trimester and in the 30 weeks. "What to expect" says emotionally you might be feeling bored with the pregnancy. I might kind of be there. At all the Christmas parties we went to people were asking me how I'm feeling. I feel pretty much normal but I have an alien doing karate inside me pretty regularly. I don't think that's what they want to hear.



The other obsession at the parties was the name of our baby. I think I have heard about 100 or 200 baby boy name suggestions. Hubby and I haven't had that overwhelming feeling in our hearts that "oh, that's our baby's name".

I was at the point where I didn't want to talk about baby names any more. I asked Hubby if he was feeling the same way. He said no (isn't he wonderful?). So I went with my dad's suggestion and printed out the top 100 baby names and gave a copy to each of us. Hubby had his list narrowed down to his top 10 quickly. I kind of agonized over every name and over analyzed. But once he told me he already had his top 10 and a name that he likes the best I tried to finish my selections. Would you believe after 5 months of talking about names and having a small list of names we both liked we only had 2 names in common out of our top 10s? So I think we are going to wait until we see the little guy before making the final decision. We are both leaning toward one name so we will probably go with that unless it really doesn't feel right when we see him.

We aren't telling anyone the name choices because we don't want to hear anyone's opinions. Before we found out the baby was a boy our moms were calling the baby Izabella mostly as a joke. They joke about naming the baby whatever they want and getting the name changed at the courthouse. Now that we know it is a boy my mil calls him Tucker. He's probably going to be confused when he gets here.

Would you believe my mil still had Hubby's crib bedding? She gave it to us to use if we want and I think we will. I think it is so sweet that our little one will be using the same blankets as his Dad. I have a friend that was going to give us some bedding too so I don't think we will be doing the bunny bedding. Blue, our bunny, got the baby a Christmas present this year. He got the book Pat the bunny. My parents dog did a lot of Christmas shopping for baby too. He got bibs, blankets, and wash clothes with dogs on them. Tucker also got a stuffed alligator from the in laws. My parents also got us our stroller so we are so excited about that!

Little Baby got a lot of presents! My dad got a shirt that says Grandpa is my name. Spoiling is my game. Obviously this is true when you look at how much stuff he got. My mom got a picture frame that says Nana always makes me smile and a mug that says My favorite people call me Nana. Hubby is holding a onesie that says Daddy's little slugger. The brown sweatshirt outfit on the floor Hubby picked out and it says Rock on lil dude.
Here is me in front of the tree Christmas morning. After all the Christmas parties I have gained about 4 pounds. So total I have gained 10 or 11 pounds.

3 comments:

  1. wait, Did you guys have 100 names for boys you were thinking about?? Whoa! That is a lot! :) We had a boys named agreed on and all set to go...it is the girls name that is our issue. We are not announcing the name until birth either, but we honestly still dont have one agreed on...so I couldnt tell even if we did want to :) You still look so small to me! ha, but then again, I am a house now..soo...that doesnt say much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you are also expecting a baby boy in April! :) You look awesome, by the way... so cute!

    I'm following now......

    ReplyDelete